Bibliographic as well as full text pdfs for Danish Standards.
The first 7 pages is free to view even without a full subscription.
Dansk Standard / DS Distribute in short
Type: Catalogue of standards ( Danish as well as Danish adapted, harmonized international standards is present in this catalogue )
Subject: Technical specifications and standards within engineering and other scienfic disciplines
Getting started with DS Distribute
The catalogue contains all Danish Standards as well as the European and international standards, which has been adopted and implemented in Denmark (i.e. DS/EN, DS/IEC or DS/ISO).
Since 2009 DTU Library have had an online subscription for electronic versions of the standards, and previous to this the Library bought the standards on demand in paper. This means that a lot of "old, but still valid standards" might be available in paper for lending from our Open Stacks.
Via DS Standard Distribute it is possible to download DS standards already bought in .pdf.
These are found by accessing and searching on numbers or keywords in (Mine standarder).
The complete catalogue (DS-samling) can also be searched and applied to the collection. The first 7 pages are available for preview before ordering.
If the fulltext is needed then click on the shopping cart and fill in the login and password you have registrered yourself with. See the Handout with "how to"
And a couple of days later you will receive an answer about your suggested purchase at no cost for DTU Students or DTU Employees.
In order to use DS Distribute and access the full text standards you need to have a DTU login or come by the Library (in Ballerup or in Lyngby)
DS also offers advice and training, in standardization and best practice.
Danish Standards in paper at DTU Library
DTU Library have an old paper collection in the basement.
- Danish Standard: 1927-2004
- Danish Standard: from 2002 onwards, an incomplete collection
- Danish Norm Agency publications: 1969-1992
Some of these standards may be outdated.
In the DS Distribute database you can look up the required standard and check the validity.
How to search for the paper versions?
You cannot search directly for the standard title, the topic of a standard or the exact number of the standard in our printed collection via DTU Findit.
You need to follow these steps:
- Open Printed Collection/DTU Findit.
- Click SEARCH in the top menu. Choose to search in the box below BROWSE INDEX where you look up terms and phrases in the alphabetical register of the database.
- In the box next to TYPE WORD (S), enter the title of the standard series. It is the full title, you must enter eg.: "Dansk Standard DS/EN". Click on the button: BROWSE to send the request.
- Click on the desired standard series. Be aware that the same standard series can be divided into different parts, each covering a range of numbers.
- Click on the link: DTUB - HOLDINGS, and the holdings displays a list of each number.
- Find the standard number you want to borrow - click on the number and REQUEST ITEM.
- If you are not logged in already, a pop up an image will appear and you must enter your borrower number / user ID and bar code / bar code. After this please Click SEND.
- You can choose to retrieve the standard library in building 101 at DTU, Lyngby or having it sent. Click REQUEST ITEM.
You have now ordered a standard.